Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 engine stopt. with some bangs, can't start it again UPDATED, problem now solved.

TopQ1967

I just got towed back!

After a short blat (20 Km) the engine gave two hicks (was driving at (to)low revs.) and the engine stopped after several bangs. I could start the car again and drove another 2 Km. I parked and after a ½ hour drove back again. When I started the engine gave some small bangs again. When I tried to accelerate the opposite reaction was there. Then when I tried to accelerate there ware a couple of big bangs, and I couldn’t start the engine again.

I disconnected the return fuel pipe, as it looked like the engine didn’t get fuel. But when I turned on the ignition the fuel pored out. (so I think fuel pump end filter are o.k.).

The engine has a race map (MBE ECU).

Where to strart the search?

I HAVE NO SPARK.

I CHECKT FOR A SPARK, BUT THERE IS ANY.

Because I don't have the female pins at home that fit in the ECU connector, the cable has to wait.

Whare to start the search (again)?

How?

PROBLEM WAS:

The lead that connects to the cranking sensor was cought by the flywheel. at the beginning there ware probably some wires left, tham snaped the blue lead completely.

Thank you far all your help.

Cheers

Quirin

Edited by - TopQ1967 on 14 May 2006 19:13:59

Edited by - TopQ1967 on 14 May 2006 21:08:51

[hijack]

Quirin,

Bruno tells me you have bought the set of springs that I have is this correct 🤔

If sdo how am I going to get them to you?

Nifty.

[/hijack]

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

< off topic >

Yes I bought some parts. I am at least once a month in the UK. Ware are you situated?

I don't need the springs for now, so I can wait if it is not to much hassle for you.

Cheers,

Quirin

p.s. can you help with my engine problem as well?

Edited by - TopQ1967 on 13 May 2006 11:50:01

Was the engine running 100% OK after the first time it stopped? ("I could start the car again and drove another 2 Km. I parked and after a ½ hour drove back again.") If so, that probably eliminates the cam belt skipping a tooth but that's pretty easy to check - take off the cover and turn the engine (with a spanner on the crankshaft bolt) and make sure the timing marks on the cams and the crankshaft pulley all line up (pictures on the DVA K Series page I think).

Tony,

I agree with your opinion. It drove quite normal. If looked if there was no fuel suply to the engine.

When the engine stoped I could get it normal runing again.

I thingk it is an ECU or sensor problem.

Yesterday I had no time to make a cable for the ECU-Computer connection. I hope when it all works I can check the status of the censors.

Cheers,

Quirin