Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Long shot - soft compound ACB10's

Steve Robinson

I'm trying to delay the big expenditure of 4 new ACB10's, so was hoping one the sprinters amongst you may have decided to get new tyres whilst still haveing 2 or 3 events left in your old tyres *smile*

Specifically I'm looking for a pair of 7*21 for the front and a pair of 8*22 for the rear. Anybody help me out?????

Steve

I know of the following for sale:

All A33 compound

Qty 2 - 6 x 20 x 13, 3-4mm tread across full width

Qty 2 - 7 x 21 x 13, 1.6mm ish in centre, more tread on outsides. i.e on the wear bars in the middle

Let me know if interested *smile*

Sssssscottish SsssuperSsssnot!

Sneakypeek!   whoooaaa!
*wink*

Edited by - rossybee on 3 Mar 2006 23:00:39

Steve

I've got some very used A24's, I think they are 6 21's for the front and 7 22's on the rear (can't check as they are on the car which is away being finished). Don't want any money for them as long as you pay to get them off the rims. They should do another couple of events at a push

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

Steve

I would think tha 7 22 at the front will be way to wide they equate to 215 50 13. I m sure someone will explain that it will efect turn in, promote oversteer ect.

the point about 7 21 and 6 21 is that there is not a lot of diffrence between then. Rob used 6 21 in 2004 at the front.

David

Steve

The set up is what BMTR recommend for a caterham, in their view 7" is too wide for the front and using 6*21 and 7*22 was their suggestion.

If you are not careful you will overtyre the car using 7" & 8" after all you only have 135 horses to play with, you can go too far and this can make you go slower. (I was always told by BMTR and others not to exceed 195 width on the rear tyres up to 150bhp, 8" tyres are more like a 205)

Graham

Hi Guys

Have decided to invest in a set of ACBs this year (not expecting to pose a threat to you top boys, but do hope to improve on my personal times!)

Having read some previous posts, can anyone advise me of any additional changes that may be needed to my car setup bearing in mind the car is Ital LSD live axle with adj Avo shocks on rear.

Classic trunion front set up with adj ride height bilsteins. My concerns are with regards to camber and castor settings. There is no adjustment on my car so, will I still benefit from this upgrade?

I am proposing to fit

7/21's on 6" rims front A24

7/22's on 7" rims rear A24

Hoping to see some of you at Longcross (still not received an entry form yet!)

Robin Brackett

Robin

My spec above was on a car similar to yours, live axle narrow track. I still think 7" is too wide for the front to get the car to turn in correctly. As I said BMTR advised 6*21 Front & 7*22 rear but I suppose its all down to personal choice.

Graham

Hi Robin,

My car ran well (and much quicker) on ACB's, but I'm afraid I can't help on settings as I tend to just turn up and drive rather than fiddle with the set-up.

I do remember lots of people telling me to not use the ACB's on track days as they are really too sticky for the live axle if used lap after lap - for sprinting they will be fine though. Sorry I can't help more..

Steve

Steve, I have a full set, 8X22 approx half worn, plus 7X21 with about 100KM on them just to drive to the test station and back. My car now on CR500's

I believe thet are the A24 compound you are looking for. They are at the 7 workshop, give chris a call and ask him about them.

Drop me a mail if you are interested.

Mike

Steve - as mentioned before - will be junking my tyres from last season and you are welcome to them FOC

fronts 7*21, some tread left

rears 7*22, down to the wear bars

plan was to get them changed for new ones at BMTR the week b4 longcross, so that may not suit....

With the right damper and roll bar settings I found no problem with turn in using the 7" at the front, and was able to find a good balance all around, and that is what i am going to run this year (one change at a time and all that)...

let me know if interested

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS