Click here if you are having website access problems ×

175BHP 1800K engine

oilyhands

Force Ale,

1800K series engine, based on low mileage MGF Trophy 160 bottom end, liners freshly honed and liner heights set to .004", tougher TF 160 pistons fitted with new rings, new TF160 big-end bearings with all oil seals replaced. Fitted with low mileage R300 head using latest gasket, steel dowels and new bolts. Head freshly ported by DVAPower, original R300 cams fitted with freshly linished and re-shimmed solid followers, valves relapped with new stem seals and cam seals, cams timed to 80/60 and fitted with new cambelt. Complete other than flywheel and fitted with temporary MGF sump and pickup. Will make an ideal drop in solution for a 1400/1600 Caterham, will run happily on VVC plenum/52mm TB/Emerald or direct to head TBs/Emerald. Estimated output 175-180BHP on throttle bodies.

£1400

Damn! Wish this had come along a year ago! Oh well, good luck with selling it Dave, I'll be in contact in the new year about bringing my head over to see if we (you!) can work out what the knocking sound is. It didn't get any worse but is still there.

Have a BTTT from me and a VERY HIGH recommendation!

Kev (subaru blue caterham VVC)