Click here if you are having website access problems ×

EBC Greenstuff front brakepads

Brucey

Just a quicky *eek*

1993 1400K ss. Would Greenstuff front pads be compatable with std Caterham rear pads?

The EBC website says 'fast road and track use' does that mean they have less 'feel/bite' under normal road use?

I'm after something that doesn't cost a fortune, will last >10K miles and I won't have to stand on the peddle so hard (for the wife's benefit really!).

Bruce.

Thanks guys,

I guess I'll give the ones on e bay a miss then, and save up for some new Mintex 1144's.

I'm assuming that I will notice a performance increase with the Mintex front pads (ie less brake peddle pressure to achieve the same braking effect), but since you don't get something for nothing, they won't last quite as long!

Agree - EBC's work well but ridiculous durability. Thought it was normal to go through a set of pads in one or two trackdays till I got some Pagids. EBC reds were very effective when new (extremely good) but went off after a session or two, and were down to the metal after 2 trackdays!

Edited by - Alex Wong on 17 Oct 2005 09:42:38

I used greenstuff for a while and they'd glaze over on trips to work. Would take a while to get back to working. No feel, and I found that even when they were working they'd fade badly.

Put 1144s in when I fitted the zetec and they're very nice. Lots of feel, good initial bite, immediately strong and predictable even when cold, and they don't seem to fade.

Zeeeeetec!

Not quite - I cracked an AP vented disc - quite bad full thickness cracks. This was after a day at MagnyCours club and GP circuit. The GP circuit is very hard on brakes. This was with Pagid pads although other pads had been used with it before. The disc wasn't particularly worn but had obviously been very hot at some stage.

For the last 3 years mine are green stuff all round with Alcon 4 pots on the front and the original standard rears. No complaints so far except I think as I getting black bits on the rims on track days I am overheating them. The standard pads on the rears never seemed to wear out anyway I have only ever changed them twice.... thats err 30,000 a set and still some to go.

When I changed to green stuff (set 3) the rears were still in good nick but the fronts again had seen better days. Think I get 8000-10,000 off the fronts which are 90% road miles. Still I only been sprinting the last err 4 years 🤔 with 1 to 3 track days a year. Sadly the car gets a lot less use these days, I did 25,000 in the first 2 years. This year seen very few miles, must get a job out of London 😬. Still even when I do the car is sometimes a working office and the 7ns is often not suitable.

The Green Stuff on the front have done err 2000 miles now 🤔 and still look good for 8000 miles

Still I have never been hard on brakes in any car............. under 20,000 seems the norm for fronts in any tin top. Wish the tyres lasted that long ☹️ 😬

Edited by - Bilbo on 18 Oct 2005 20:45:49