Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.6 K Supersport Clutch ??

Crany

• Support Team

Caterham have used a wide range of clutches over the years. My Superlight (6 speed) had a Rover clutch in it (long story). Caterham have now standardised on a single type of AP clutch which is about £140 for plate and cover.

You could of course take your existing clutch to a motor factors and get them to match it.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Mark,

I have experienced standard Rover clutch and AP race clutch in my 1.6K Superlight (also a very long story).

My overwhelming preference is for the AP race clutch despite the slightly heavier pedal effort. I found the action much more positive and the car far easier to launch quickly once I had grown accustomed to it's agressive nature.

The Rover clutch did not work at all well on my car with reverse being very difficult to select when hot.

Ian 😬 1.6K SS Superlight #006

Penn Sevens Here

Mine is a '97 as well. It originally came with a Ford input shaft and AP clutch. As a result of problems the gearbox was swapped by Caterham, but they only had a spare 6-speed with an input shaft suitable for a Rover clutch at the time. It soon went back to be swapped for a gearbox with a Ford input shaft and an AP clutch...

Ian 😬 1.6K SS Superlight #006

Penn Sevens Here