Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aero Screen recomends

ian.hoper

Hi all you flies in teeth severner's . we need your help in recomending a suitable, reasonably priced Aero screen to fit our 2 year old ex academy car.

The current heated job is split and pepperd so will have to be replaced and as we do mostly track days would like your recomends and a indication of cost and where from .

Car is black and white so black jobby would be nice .

My old X flow has Brooklands on a strap and I never take it off .

its great and makes the car look the dogs but not suitable for Christians roadsport.

Thanks

Ian Hoper

Be interested to hear what people think of the 'smoked' perspex JPE screen versus the carbon screens too. I had Brooklands before, and they were great 'cos you could get a good view of the front wheels working away, which I guess you'd lose with an opaque screen (depending on type)?

Bite me 😬

My definition of an aeroscreen is something you look over, not through...

I appreciate there is usually a certain amount of 'peripheral' vision (i.e. the road immediately in front of the car) that falls into the aeroscreen zone, but this isn't an issue for me.

The JPE isn't all *that* tall anyway...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Well my "definition" of an aero screen is anything that deflects the wind, including Brooklands, and is not a windscreen *confused*.

It also depends on how tall you are, whether you have to look through or over the screen, even with Brooklands on my car, you look over them, but can still look through them *thumbup*

and is not a windscreen

Sorry - I wasn't trying to say that an aeroscreen has to be opaque...

...just that if you normal view ahead is over the top of the air-shovel, it's an aeroscreen (in my book) and if you are looking through it, it's a windscreen.

Or to put it another way...

...if you can paint it black and still drive safely, it's an aeroscreen *smile*

The perspex race half screen ( available from Caterham) gets my vote and is available for the passenger side as well. From a functional standpoint I think it's far better to be able to see through the screen when picking clipping points. I think they are about £50-60 each.

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 22

Buffet free ........... guess the sausage rolls fall off the dash at that speed.

When choosing and areoscreen , its worth looking at the rake angle , some of the JPE screens and carbon R500 screens were raked at a very shallow angle so the air wasnt deflected over your head . I have tilted mine up at a slightly steeper angle and this now works well .

*tongue*

You try balancing three sausage-rolls and a glass of wine at that speed *wink*

Seriously though - it all depends on how 'tall' you sit etc. etc. - the JPE didn't work too well for me because it was:

i) sited directly under the 'windscreen line' - too close

ii) not steep enough - but that was defined by the screen itself

iii) not tall enough - ditto

iv) even with Tillet tilted and mounted quite far back, I sit too-tall (arguably) for a standard FIA bar.

The AR7E Mk II addresses the first-three of these issues - but the prototype Mk I was slightly more efficient. But far more ugly ☹️