Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald map for 1900 scholar K series?

Dave McCulloch

I'm getting all excited now as I'm ready to try getting it started - after a slight hiccup this afternoon with coolant pi**ing all over the floor - turns out I'd torn the O ring on the thermostat housing. What a b1tch to change in situ under the TBs 🙆🏻.

Anyhow, spec of engine is as follows:

1900 K series

mildly ported VVC head running 285H cams and hydraulic followers

Jenvey TBs

Injectors are 744s (Vauxhall 2 litre jobs)

Running wasted spark setup

So far, I've cranked the engine to get oil pressure (took ages as I've plumbed in an apollo), and connected up the two coils and plugs with plugs not fitted and confirmed I have sparks to all 4 plugs.

Next will be to reconnect fuel inertia switch and make sure there's no leaks in the fuel system, fit plugs and try to get it started.

I know there aren't many others running this spec (I know Racingshoe's spec is near identical, and have emailed him), but what would be a good map to start from, and what will I need to scale the injectors by to a) take account of the 744s I'm running and b) take account of the engine being 1900 rather than 1800?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Dave

I have a map for my damn near spec DVA engine, 1800 though with same injectors.... I can let you have that, if it helps??

my engine spec:

1800 scholar block

VVC DVA mild port

744 injectors

BP285H cams

Forged pistons

Std crank

Jenvey's

Emerald

Martin

MW 51 CAT

Superlight No.171

now know as:Superlight DVA 207

Dave,

I'm using Dave Jackson's 1900k map to run mine in with. I've had to put back my Emerald appointment twice now due to work commitments, so i'm not getting mapped until June 3rd ☹️

I hope to get mine running today.... nothing like leaving things to the last moment !!

I'll mail you the map when I turn on my laptop later - should be fine below 3000rpm (that's what i'm doing).

Rik Robarts - bl**dy bright orange 1900k here

Martin

For some reason, the file was corrupted - every carriage return had been replaced with a square blob (no idea why - it had also saved the file as .fig.txt for some reason?).

Anyway, I've edited the file in Notepad, and the emerald s/w now opens it happily. Can I just check that it's correct that there is no air temperature correction (of either ignition or injection) within the map. Any ideas why this is the case?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

To be honest, I have not looked at that information detail on the map since Dave Walker mapped it on 18/9/04?? I suggest you could ask him or Dave Andrews?

The only parts i have played with since mapping are Soft-cut and Hard-cut along with radiator fan.

Martin

MW 51 CAT

Superlight No.171

now know as:Superlight DVA 207

Martin

If you're reading this, what fuel pressure do you run - is it the standard 3 bar? I'm assuming that's what I'm running - standard FPR from a 1600 SS. I've managed to get the engine to fire and run very briefly (ie about 5 seconds at a time), but it's spitting back a lot and adding fuel at the low revs 0 load site seems to reduce this. This is after I scaled the fueling up by 5% to allow for 1900 vs 1800, so I'm now guessing there's another reason.

Dave