Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WANTED - COMPETITION SECRETARY/TEAM

Silver 21

As it clearly states:

I think this might be my last season as Competition Secretary and therefore we need to start looking for a replacement/team over the coming months, the role comprises:

*arrowright* Liaison with organising clubs to get rounds of the championship

*arrowright* Liaison with the MSA, Championship Regs, etc, etc

*arrowright* Updating Competitors Korner with results

*arrowright* Organising the MIRA event in its entirity

*arrowright* Supporting organisers of other club sprints

*arrowright* Dealing with phone calls/emails from members

*arrowright* Attending Team Meetings (approx 4 a year, mainly in the South)

*arrowright* Access to phone/email during working hours

The person/s people need to understand how speed events work, have competed for a couple of years and to try and be impartial about suggested changes to class structures.

The role would be easier if a team put their hand up and everyone had a specifc role rather than one person does everything, if this were to happen I would carry on.

I know people have offered help but for the myself/ the club to continue to run the championship at the level it currently stands it would need a team of 4 people to commit for at least a season at a time, this way the tasks could be clearly broken into bite size chunks and everything would get done on time.

Lots of things have been late this year due to my own work commitments which have led to delays in the general organisation, stickers, t-shirts (still being sorted), a team would make it far easier to ensure everything was done on time and also that more people were 'on the ground' at each event.

For the Speed Championship to continue your club needs you *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Graham

Same as Rob and your self. More than willing to be part of the team but running my own business prevents me taking the full roll on board. Things just would not happen. And thats not fair to the competitors.

MY 51VEN

Give it some Welly

Thanks to all those people who offered support, I will be in touch very soon about this year & next.

Slightly dissapointed that so few have come forward *confused* *confused* *confused*, from memory 5 people none of who can take the job on full time so it looks like we will try and create a team to run the championship next year.

Your club needs YOU without the right team in place for next year there will simply not be a Sprint Championship in 2006 ☹️ ☹️ ☹️ ☹️,next season is too late to put your hand up it needs to be NOW as a descision will be taken after the championship ends as to whether we have enough resources to run again next year.

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 13 Rounds with 7 counting towards the championship *cool*

Graham,

I mentioned to Rob at Curborough that I am happy to help the team out where I can, but due to the demands of running my company, nipper plus another on the way and also sitting on my cycling club committee I can't guarantee being able to be helpful through the entire season.

Hope this is OK.

Steve

BB: I might not have been competing for a couple of years but I would be happy to help out in any way I can.

Now you've probably thought of this already but just incase you haven't........If there's going to be a team, their communication with oneanother/competitors/everyone else will have to be made as efficient as possible. Effective use of dead simple IT stuff can potentially help out massively in this area and needant be anything fancier than a private forum and a shared email account.

Must get the Gigabusa finished *smile*

• 3 weeks later...

A Big Thank You to those that have offered help and to those that have helped and have offered to help with results this year.

Despite my request and offers of help no one has come forward wanting to take the role on. It now looks almost certain that due to other commitments I will not be involved in any way at all next year (will know for certain in the next few weeks).

Make no mistake without a Competition Secretary in place there will be no Speed Championship next year, there will be Curborough's, Llandow but no MIRA(due to difficulties manning it this year) *thumbdown* *thumbdown* *thumbdown*

I will mail those people that have offered to help to see if we can get together to discuss next year

Graham

Competition Secretary

BB - my offer still stands for both the help for the team and at MIRA...

Maybe if you could describe/list the duties that a competition secetary does then you may get some more interest, becuase I suspect that most of us have absolutelty no idea what it takes to be a comp secetary *thumbup*

rob *smile*