Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SLR Split Rim refurb - Nuts & Bolts

ian balson

Hello All,

We've got a couple of set of the original SLR Split rims that are currently being refurbed. These are the 5 spoke wheels with black centres and bare ally rims. We'd like to change the bolts that hold the rims together (10 per wheel) to something a little more sponge friendly, the original one are a nightmare to clean.

The Question - Can anyone point me in the right dirention to find some 7M High Tensile Bolts around 40mm long with a domed Allen Key heads. Google has failed me so far !

Thanks

Ian.

Thanks chaps,

But, I couldn't see anything that fitted the spec on the Namrick or Screw fix sites. And Martin, Clive has already tried his local contacts. It seems that the 7M size is the problem. 6M would be too small, and there's not enough room to go to 8M. We'd had an offer to have some made up . . . but £200 for 100 was the min order.

Thanks V7, I'll take a look at RS.

Rgds

Ian

Thanks chaps,

Elie I don't know much about metals, is 12.9=High Tensile? If you could ask if a 7mm Hex head bolt exists that would be great. We're looking to re-spray the wheels graphite grey, but leave the rolled edge in natural Ally. We'd prefer silver coloured bolts but if black was the only option we'd settle for that.

Paul, can't see any 7mm bolts on the Fastfix site. Thanks anyway.

Cheers

Ian

Ian, You better sit down now, the price for 1 allen bolt in 12.9 grade M7 x 60 = 3.18€ or 2.16£. This is without nut.

I did ask for 60mm this way you can cut them to lenght and have less tread inside the wheel.

If you need them let me know and i will take care of the p&p

If its usefull i don't know but the bolts on a BBS split rim ( Porche 996 ) racing wheel are torqued at 1.8mkg