Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 'Silver Jubilee' 1700 supersprint

Morls

I need to sell my 'A reg' Caterham 'Silver Jubilee' Long-cockpit live axle 1700 supersprint ☹️

It's Silver *smile* With Grey leather seats, Grey Tonneau, Grey Hood, Grey spare wheel cover, nickle plated wishbones and roll bar and a machine turned alloy dash, all of which was the original spec in 1982 (the Silver Jubilee of Lotus 7 Production).

It's currently covered in about 6" of dust at the back of the garage, having not been used for the last year since I've had my 'new' (actually old) one on the road.

I've gots tons of pictures of it, which probably make it look far shinier than it is, but it's a very genuine and special thing, and one of only 8 made (and no. 7 of these).

The spec is:

Caterham/Lotus 1700SuperSprint Silver Jubilee (to celebrate 25 years of the Lotus 7 in 1982) most of the 'Caterham and Lotus' books feature at least one of the 8 made.

It's 'A' reg (A500DPH) and I have all the MOT's for the last 15 years or so, and a magazine article on the actual car from 5 years ago (just before I bought it.)

The engine was rebuilt, to the Caterham 'Supersprint 135 bhp' spec by Arrow Racing on 2/08/93 when the car had done 32927 (from the MOT cert from 22/06/93).

The build sheet lists the works under headings which show that the crank and rods are balanced, the flywheel lightened and balanced, the clutch a B&B HD type, duplex cam drive, 1.550" and 1.340" valves with duplex springs, 10.5:1 CR, Kent 244 290' cam @ 103' and on 40DCOEs and a dry sump. Given the head work (big valves) I would definately imagine the seats fitted to be hardened (i.e suitable for unleaded).

The mileage now is 50687, so it's done under 18k since the motor was built. There's also the post build, post run-in dyno printouts, showing a real 121bhp @ 6122rpm and 114lb/ft @ 4394rpm on 21/08-03.

I've loads of photos if it's of any interest to anyone here.

I've got too many motorbikes and no money, so It's going to the first £6500 offer (poss px for cheap classic racing motorbikes / bits tho).

Cheers *thumbup*

Mark

Look it's Mavis here and Jubilee 7 here

I'd buy it if it was a Sylva! *wink* *tongue* *thumbup*

p.s. It's worth every bean! That was the first 7 I ever drove, pulled up at a petrol station where my old dear used to work and an Italian family wouldn't let me leave without taking 900 photos of it!

The daughter was cute..... *wink*

We will mend it We will fix it...

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

I'm looking for a 7 around your price range. Trouble is I have to sell my Triumph Tiger Cub Trials bike first. I took it to the Telmag trial last Sunday and put a for sale sign on it for £3k (yes it is that good!). I even had Sammy Miller come and take my phone number! If I sell the Cub this week, I'll contact you. If you may be interested in a PX, can you let me know? I realise the Cub isn't exactly 'Racing' unless you include going up hills in pre 65 trials, but you never know!

Best Regards,

Bruce.

Ooh.. trials cubs are very cute, but...

Through this very thread I found the very classic racing bit I've been after for a while, (a Seeley chassis for an old suzuki 500 engine that I'm building and going to race this year *smile* ), and so I can't really afford or fit any more cute old things in the garage. Shame ☹️

I hope you got Sammy Miller's autograph *thumbup*

Mark

Look it's Mavis here and Jubilee 7 here