Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel Consumption

Tiny Tim

I know that the fuel consumption on a 2.0VX with twin Weber 45s is not going to be brilliant, but as a matter of interest and to give me some idea of how well the carbs are set up what sort of fuel consumption should I expect for normal road use.

Thanks

• Area Representative
Generally about twice as many stops as a K series car on most blats. (Eh Nick) *smile*

Sounds about right! ☹️

I have got a standard 175 bhp VX on 45's and I reckon on around 23-24 mpg overall with about 150 miles max to the tankful - most of it probably goes out the tail pipe though with pops, bangs and flames on the overrun 😬 Ian, let's see that from your K series 😬 😬

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

The injection cars are usually OK. My 1.4kss does 35ish during normal quick touring and the 1.6s are similar. Obviously less if caned round a track. There's no fundamental reason why a correctly mapped inj engine should be thirsty in everyday use except that if you are regularly using 200 bhp then that doesn't come from fresh air.

• Area Representative

Tony,

I hope my wife doesn’t read this… I told her the new car will do at least 35 to the gallon! I will tell her I was misled by the seller!
*tongue* Best start putting some miles on it then... 😬

Ian - out in the K last night and back home in the VX after swopping them over at their "winter" storage *cool* - quite funny as an X5 tried to overtake me on greasy roads as we approached a roundabout!

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬