Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Freestyle suspension upgrades - which options?

jimmyslr

The CSR racecar has been under development in various forms for years now, and there are therefore plenty of times available for both it and an R400 and for at least 2 of the drivers in both cars. I think Snetterton represented the biggest difference in times (about 1.5s) due to the improved aero on the CSR.

And yes, 2 completely divergent setups can produce almost identical laptimes. It's all about what the driver feels best with by and large.

Bringing this back on topic, I think the point is that the Freestyle system is so thoroughly engineered that it can at least compete with the CSR at all levels - a bonus for those who can't/don't want to spend a huge amount of money changing car.

Edited by - ajax317 on 1 Dec 2004 14:08:27

Like you Dino I was "reliably informed" To make sure my sentiment is put across plainly I am v happy with what Caterham are doing it safeguards the marque promotes further development inside and out of Caterham and what's more done with there own money!

I wouldnt suit an SV may be in 10+ yrs but not atm. So left with only Standard chassis options to which Freestyle is the only answer having driven all they do bar the Duratec I couldn't go back. If the CSR turns out to have rising rate GREAT! Lens cars will also have a different Duratec with significantly more torque of that we don't need reliable sources.

If CC came out with a standard chassis CSR that would be a different story and far more relevent to me. All in all the CSR is good news well done CC and on another note I love the new dash tho in all black would be my choice 😬

Dave B Superlight No.175 Freestyle superwide Pushrod SV rear and aerofoil mmmmmmmm!