Click here if you are having website access problems ×

dry sump leak?

gavinp

At the top of the tower, there is a final cylinder with the 2 outlets on it. One blocked off as far as I can tell and the other a pain in the $rse 3/8 unf thread (if you want to go into 1/2" bore for a mocal catch tank).

This cylinder rotates. I have oil collating around the join between the cap (that you unscrew to check the oil) and this cylinder.

Am I right in assuming this is not correct, and this is not the tower breathing but a leak!!

thanks

gavin

Superlight R #41

Have a similar problem, though not as bad. I have seriously thought about making my own O-ring, as I have the kit - just never found the energy to go the extra distance to do it.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Mine has two and with an aeroscreen I come back from a blatt with a rather grubby looking face 😬

My face I can clean but the engine bay is starting to look a mess *mad*

When I mentioned this to CC yesterday when the car went for its service, they said that replacing the ring would have little effect as they always leak. Only option was to buy the R500 upgraded bell tower cap (sounds like the one you've got SteveP). £40ish plus 1/2 an hour to fit.

What a coinsidense *confused* whilst writing this Aftersales have just called to say the car is ready and they replaced the o-ring and it has stopped the leak *smile* (bet it hasn't ☹️)

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087