Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Warning - Novice at Lydden

Paul Gibb

That'll be me then!

All help & advice will be very gratefully received so please come & say hello.

I will most probably be parked in the wrong place, queing in the wrong queue, or as start time approaches lurking somewhere near the loos!

Paul

Black & dayglo no. 75

L7 FUN

Snap another novice last year, I did my first every sprint and first 3 races on the same day a Lydden, at least I didn't fall of the track at the second corner in my first race!!! 😳

Still with a bit of help from other L7Club members I went on to win the last race of the day 😬

I'm No.71 so pop over and say hello!

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 31 Mar 2004 21:08:59

I'm just starting my second year and haven't done Lydden yet so have the same worries about parking etc

Thing I learnt last year is it is far less intimidating on the day than you imagine, and way more fun as well 😬

I'm in a red x-flow (no. 63) if you want to come and say Hi !

Steve

I think if we ca all park closeto each other , say in the first 2 bays on the left (going down the hill) we can all help each other

I am still notthat expereinced (6 sprints) but more than happy to offer my pearls of wisdom to anyone who can be bothered tolisten 😬

rob - so what corner was it that you went off at 😬 😬

rob 😬

This is also my second year (but never done Lydden). I would be very happy to help any newcomers - just ask and you'll find plenty of people willing to help. Best advice I can offer for a first timer is: get there in plenty of time to set up and prep the car - everything seemed to happen very quickly at my first event and I wish I had left myself a bit more time to avoid the manic rush.

See you all on Saturday.

Andy Nicholls

C7 AJN

Only my second time at Lydden but after last year you should all remember to pack your 'balls' cos you'll need at the devils elbow and the paddock bend 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳, its 2 fast & 2 furious (good name for a film *thumbup* *thumbup*)

Last year we all tried to park together in the last bay on the left before you are in the main paddock, I'll be there on Friday night as I'm camping so look for the big bloke with the Black Van if you've not met me before.

Happy to give advice but I think Mr Grigsby is the one to talk to, perhaps he could do a talk for us on how to get round the circuit quickly 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

My first motorsport thingy was at Lydden last year too.

Just remember if you experience extreme fear, nervousness and paranoia while queueing (esp. for the first run) and heart rates verging on the dangerous, you're definately not the first! I still am like that when I first queue, but thankfully it gets less daunting with each successive run. *smile*

Matt's list of people in line for a slap:

-Gordon

Anyhows, the forecast looks like its going to NOT rain on Saturday, but it will friday night so may be damp first thing- good thing theres a few classes out there runnning before most of us?

I do sound like a wimp dont I? 😬