Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cold air induction

NigP

Has anyone got pictures of the system of ducting used on the R500 for delivery of cold air to the injectors. In a more extremely tuned engine/car would the slight increase in power both from cold air and ram effect make this a worthwhile project, or would all the gains be wasted due to increase in weight.

Have perused the reverie website and find the raw materials somewhat expensive to say the least.

Has anyone tried this route of tuning and if so was it successful.

That looks just like the one in the Ads in the Magazines *tongue*

Nig,

This system works a treat and collects the air from the 4 90 deg scoops poking out of the side skin. This reduces the amount of cr4p sucked into the induction system too. It also looks fantastic in real life. If only my car was that clean.............

Wow! you have to admire the attention to detail some people apply to their projects, everything is so well done. unfortunately I don''t have the patience, and my car looks a mess, but I keep it in good mechanical condition.

This installation looks great, but won't the hoses get hot being run right behind the radiator and cosequently heat the incoming air a bit? Not a comment, just a question,

Now the real reason for the post, where did the owner source those small headlights? I've got to have them!

Oops, that's not the headlights, just the reflection of a camera flash in the indicators! Sorry folks, my only excuse is withdrawl simptoms, having not spe.... er invested any capital in my car for 2 whole years, and now finding out I can't fit the freestyle suspension (too old.. the car, not me!) Of course I can always send it back to UK and get Arch to fit the later front end,..... and that would fix the hole in the side that appeared after racing with those evil bikers and the altenator fan disintegrating, .... is their a shrink in the club ranks?