Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brooklands screen fitting

Mat Norris

I think this may have been covered before, but can't find it. I want to fit some brooklands screens on a stanchion. Does the stanchion fit behing the wiper mounts or over the top of them? I want to keep the scuttle on so I can change between screens and screen (and keep cost down). Does and drilling, to mount the screens on the stanchion and car, result in holes that would be visable when the windscreen is refitted? thanks,

I've fitted mine so I can (in theory) swap between the 2. The stanchion doesn't cover the wiper holes. I've still got the wiper motor etc in place ('cos I haven't got round to taking it out yet) so I've pulled the wiper blade units off and left the spigot sticking out the holes. if the original screen goes back on then all the holes drilled for the Brooklands are covered. Take a little care when positioning these and there should be no problem.

Dave H

Caterham claimed to sold the last stanchion witch cleared the wiper spigot but better ask them to be sure. The stanchion uses the holes from the screen, mount the Brooklands with countersunk bolds on the stanchion and you do not have to drill extra holes.

Elie.

Does anyone know how much Caterham would've charged for the stanchion on its own?

Now that they've sold out, would it be very difficult for someone who is an engineering student [Mat?] to fabricate a couple in Uni. workshops?

If it is an easy and inexpensive job, put me down for one please.

Probably is quite easy to get something to function as a stanchion and look okay. However I think I'll try and get hold of a original one first! Facilities in our department are good, its just a question of being able to use them for a 'homer', as they are pretty busy!