Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Snetterton 19th August.

Bilbo

Hi All

Well I have just arrived home to find the entry form for Snetterton on the 19th August.

I have never been there what's it like in a 7n from site here looks like very fast. Into Esses and on to the Bomb Hole seems interesting *thumbup*

Anyone have any comments I am posting the form in the morning. *smile*

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Edited by - bilbo on 13 May 2003 20:56:24

Hi westy

Well ............... as ever *confused* a very helpful posting *tongue* 😬 😬 😬

Take it you have never been there *wink*

Still nothing coming the other way is not all the problems..... the odd spin by the guy in front can be VERY interesting or the I do not remember THAT BEND LAST TIME AROUND...... *eek*

Still all seem very quite on the subject *confused*

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Bilbo, your assessment is right. It is very fast into Esses. With the big engine running a 7900 rev limit on its first ever time on track it was pulling 138mph on the straight on the limiter in sixth.

Coram is fun. You can have some good fun there but it if the weather comes in it can be bleak.

Cheers Peter and Westy

Well I will have to wait to see if I get a place *smile*

Lets face it anything new is Fun *thumbup*

Why is it not your your favorite track Westy 🤔

Seems very fast 138mph well best put slow moving vehical *wink* on the back of my car it has seen over 130mph on the clock not that that means a lot. See you Saturday Peter all being well need to sort tate starter wiring out a bit, I was going to do it tonight but I was still preparing for a meeting at 02:30 last night and feel a little dead tonight ☹️

Westy are you going to watch the Caterham's play on Saturday. 🤔

Edited by - bilbo on 13 May 2003 21:11:18

I apologise in advance for anyone with a vast knowledge of Snett, but I’ve driven it a few times and I reckon it’s the kind of track that you have to drive, but would only choose to do it once or twice.

Generally its flat and featureless- there is no gradient any where on the circuit apart from the ‘Bombhole’. Which explains how bleak it is when its cold and windy!

Circuit wise, the back straight is good for ‘maxing’ your car, there is heavy braking at the Esses and Russell Chicane. The only ‘real challenges’ are Coram (long right-hander to test your bravery) and Riches a double apex after the start-finish straight.

I think the chicane is a real pain in the a***- it disrupts what little flow there is to the lap. It is however the only decent spectating position.

After you’ve driven it a couple of times it presents nothing new to you, not like Oulton Park or Cadwell which continue to be a challenge (to me at least 😬) every time you go back.

darren f

The Building of R300SEV is Here

Cheers All

Thanks Darren that's very helpful *thumbup* It was the gradient bit that I was really interested in and should have said so at the start of the thread

Hi Allan long time no chat *biggrin*

So are you all hoping to go 🤔