Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lydden Results

Silver 21

As a temp measure until I get my head round the proper Kompetitors Korner on the 7 site results from yesterdays Lydden are here together with points scored.

For those that didn't venture that far south the weather was excellent and all had a good time 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

>the weather was excellent

That's not what you were saying at 7am!!

But it's the price you pay for sunny days in April I suppose - you get to freeze overnight. Perhaps camping wasn't such a great idea - according to the radio it went down to minus 4.

R

OK so I froze my ***** off by camping, my car would't start because of the frost, then I got a puncture so competed on 1a tyres in Class 3 but all in all it was a good day 😬

Graham

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Yep, top day (well, morning). Thought the organisers could have put on a few more trophies for L7C, as we made up nearly half the field, whilst those in "standard" classes were getting a pot for beating the one other car in their class. (Or in one case, both of the the two drivers in a class got a pot!!!). Or at least some thanks to L7C/Graham for making a successful day which otherwise looked as though it would have been rather under-subscribed.

Anyone explain the points system in Graham's results table?

Graeme

See Championship regs that were posted electronically on the site with the April LF bits on the home page, points scoring is embedded in there or here

In essence it follws the trend being set in other championships at the moment (midland Speed & Friarsgate spring to mind)that leads to close competition without any runaway leaders so the competeition carries on throughout the season.

Second place scores 20 points

First place gets 20 points plusthe time difference between them & second up to a maximum of 21.5 points.

Third place gets 20 points minus the time difference between them & second place

Fourth place gets 20 points minus the time difference between them & second place

etc.....

The result is that everyone scores points at a round (unless they are very slow)and the competition stays close, hope that explains it.

Remember only 4 rounds out of the 7 count

Graham

Graham, I'd like to add my thanks for a super day.

Problem with the engine cutting was indeed traced to a buglet in the software, corrected by Emerald while I was up ther on Tuesday. The bug will only affect wasted spark (eu3) engines using the latest version of the ECU (apparantly the board layout was changed and some reprogramming required). Basically if you hit the hard cut rev limit only one of the coils was being re-enabled once the revs fell. Hence the "twin" effect!

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts