Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alluminium radiator (SV)

Tony C

I've just fitted the aluminium radiator. I noticed there are two sets of mounting holes in the radiator brackets - I'm observant like that. *cool*

Of course the assembly guide doesn't mention which ones to use. I first fitted it high and tried the nosecone and there didn't seem to be a clearance problem, so I fitted it low - not there's that much difference.

Also the radiator fan is touching the anti-roll bar - I mean it prevented the radiator from sitting flush on the bobbins by about half an inch. Are they all like that?

Cheers,

Tony

BRG SV kit. 😬 Getting ready to bruumm, bruumm *thumbup*

Tony

Have emailed you separately with some detailed photos, but for benefit of others in same position, my factory built SV uses the top mounting holes for the radiator and the fan is about one molecule away from the front ARB.

cheers

Chris

1.8K SV 140hp see it here

Thanks mav and Chris W; excellent photo's and the answer to my prayers.

Is that 1 molecule hot or cold Chris? My spectrum interferometer is bust, can I borrow yours, the smallest feeler gauge I've got is way too big.

I think I'll fit some spacers between the rad. and bobbins; I don't like the idea of contact in that area.

Cheers,

Tony

Fixed the fan/anti-roll bar clearance problem by sliding the fan forward slightly on its 'feet'. *thumbup*

Low radiator it is - gotta keep that CG as low as possible don't we 😬

Thanks guys,

Tony (covered in Evo-Stick)