Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Exceptional CSR260 for sale: 2012, only 4,800 miles, fantastic spec and condition, £47,950

Shortshift

• Leadership Team
Posted (edited)

Caterham CSR260 - 4800 miles - 2012

Exceptional Specification and Condition

£47,950

image.jpeg.f42a56be6a7291cc2af38aa9a0d46c0a.jpeg

Description

Exceptional Caterham CSR260 being a late 2012 car that has covered only 4,800 miles from new.  Quite probably one of the very best examples to be found anywhere - if not the best...

I bought this car for touring duties to sit alongside my track-focused R500 but, in reality, I can’t justify owning two high-end Caterhams and, as I enjoy my trackday fun so much, this exceptional CSR is the one to be sold.

Highlights include:  260bhp 2.3 litre Cosworth / Duratec dry-sump engine (mapped and tuned by Steve Greenald of ‘two Steves’ fame); 6 speed Caterham gearbox; LSD with 3.38:1 final drive; polished exhaust and decat pipe (separate catalytic converter also included); Special Edition "F1 Team" metallic green, yellow and white paintwork; the best CSR interior spec comprising the Caterham's traditional dash layout in carbon fibre, detachable Momo flat steering wheel and adjustable black leather seats; full weather equipment (screen, doors and hood); comprehensive ownership and service history including copies of original order forms and factory build sheets; genuine 4,800 miles.

The car is immaculate and wants for nothing (the photos will hopefully give the right impression) but in more detail:

Mechanical:

• 260 bhp Cosworth / Duratec engine with dry sump and roller barrel throttles
  • Mapped and tuned in 2023 by Steve Greenald - faultless idle and fantastic torque delivery with great driveability and genuine 256bhp peak power
  • 6 speed manual Caterham gearbox
  • LSD with 3.38 ratio final drive, fitted with additional vertical diff braces/struts
  • Ventilated front brake discs with 4-pot brake calipers
  • Fully independent, adjustable CSR suspension all round
  • Inboard front suspension with aero-style wishbones
  • Polished exhaust, de-cat pipe and 4:1 collector
  • Catalytic converter (not fitted at present)
  • New Banner battery
  • New braided stainless steel front brake hoses
  • Uprated brake master cylinder

Exterior and body:

• Unique CSR wide-body chassis with lowered floors
  • Special Edition "F1 Team" metallic green paintwork with yellow and white elements (a £2500 option!)
  • Black pack treatment (screen, filler cap, headlamps, etc)
  • Carbon fibre rear wheel arch protectors, lamp housings and front winglets
  • LED rear lamps
  • Paint protection film (ppf) to various vulnerable areas including sills and suspension parts
  • Full weather equipment (roof, side screens/doors)
  • Aero-style fuel filler
  • Unmarked and newly refurbished (powder coated) wheels, new nuts and centre caps

Interior and trim highlights:

• Classic/traditional Caterham dash layout in carbon fibre – the best option for a CSR!
  • Momo steering wheel with quick-release column mechanism
  • Adjustable black leather seats
  • Carbon-leather tunnel cover
  • Carbon sill protectors
  • ACES change-up lights
  • Push-button start
  • 12V power socket
  • Heater
  • Heated windscreen
  • Fully carpeted with additional premium drop-in front footwell carpet mats
  • Four-point Caterham-branded harnesses
  • PPF applied to vulnerable interior areas – floor rails, etc

Additional highlights:

• CSR-specific personalised registration included – Y23 CSR
  • Two sets of keys and security immobiliser fobs
  • Large collection of files and documentation providing detail of the car’s provenance, including original CC sales order and factory build sheets, handbook, invoices and receipts.
  • Newly serviced
  • MOT'd to June 2024

Also available by separate negotiation:

• Shower cap
  • Half hood
  • Hood bag
  • Trackday or ‘FIA’ rollover bar
  • Set of spare CSR wheels and tyres.

Please contact me via Blatmail/private message on here if you'd like any more information or call/text/WhatsApp me on 07714 693192.

James

Edited by Shortshift

• Leadership Team

Thanks Neil.  Yes, it is a lovely car but it's one car too many for me (well, that's what I am being told!).

You're not the first person to comment that I've priced it very reasonably.  Certainly, looking at the PH adverts it is quite amazing how current prices have moved up over the past two years or so.  Hopefully, someone will bag a bargain here;  a great car that is also likely to appreciate in value.

James