Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any one use a decibel slayer?

Ant2

Booked a track day at hethel in september, don't particularly want to spend a 7 hour round trip to then get black flagged for noise 🙂

I have a 420r with decat and roller barrel upgrade. Slightly concerned I "may" have issues on various track days so I was ensuring I have a plan b.

Was wondering if I should just buy one of these and keep it in the boot just in case - https://www.sevensandclassics.com/online-shop/p/decibel-slayer

Is it really case of just pushing it on and tightening the grub screws and that's it?

I can't find any details if it will still clamp on with 'rolled lip' type exhausts.

- The figures suggest a 3->6DB reduction, which looks worthwhile

Edited by Ant2
Rolled lip

Yes I've used one on a couple of occasions where I've been close to or over the limit, and it's certainly pushed down the drive-by figure by a couple or more decibels - usually enough to do the trick.   Also fits easily over a rolled lip.     But £115?? 😬    I bought mine (on ebay I think?) several years ago for about twenty quid.  It's a pretty crude thing, though, def not chromed or polished like the S&C one seems to be...

• Thanks 1

Yes, I had to go buy one at Brands Hatch last year when they had a low noise day and my R400 was anything but 😂 I was hitting 98db.

They're a rip off for sure — but you can do better than S&C. They get them from Demon Tweeks, and we have a club discount with DT. So just ping them directly and save yourself a few quid.

• Thanks 1