Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma fuel pump assy - checking this is correct?

150SV

This was an earlier thread on re-calibrating the fuel tank pump float (to give better, and definitely more accurate fuel gauge readings) which shows the typical Caterham fuel pump/float arrangement for Duratec and Sigma cars:

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 12.58.11.png

I wouldn't worry about the float.  I believe Ford's design changed around 2019 from round to flat, so I imagine the lookalike products would have followed suit.

OP, what year is your car?

Can you see the part number of your existing pump?  If so, you could ask the Cambiare seller if their unit is compatible.

JV

That Cambiare fuel pump is available on Ebay (model number VE523021) for £79.03 at the link below and appears to have free delivery AND a 20% extra discount using code RENEW20.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335291640024

[I do not know if this part will fit - I am just responding to the OP's first post mentioning that part name and number. The compatibility chart on Ebay does show that this part number is compatible with a wide range of Ford cars] 

Edited by David_Stamp

23 minutes ago, Jonathan Kay said:

Does anyone know the reference Ford model and year for checking compatibility?

Thanks

Jonathan

Well, the top of the OP's pump looks identical to mine (2008 R400D):

R400_Fuelpump_20180905.thumb.jpg.3915af55f4981897f58a24af7082fae5.jpg

(illustrated upthread -- with the round float).

The part number on the barcode label reads 3M51-9H307.  According to this site, it comes from a Focus Mk2 2005-2008.

(ETA: At £39.95, that one is also much cheaper than the Cambiare one, but it's used, not new.)

JV

Edited by John Vine
Extra price info
  • Like 1