Click here if you are having website access problems ×

filling holes - upgraded to fia bar and now have two holes where press studs where

Miker7

After upgrading my 2001 Caterham to the FIA roll bar I've had to lose two press studs as they interfere with the larger mounting plate. This means I've got two holes that did have self tappers in them. I don't like having a tube with a hole in it. Now if the car was in bits I'd fire up the mig welder and fill the holes. This isn't really practical so does anyone have suggestions for a plan b? I was thinking of filling the holes with some toolstation CT1 adhesive / sealant.

The holes are currently only about 2 to 2.5mm (guess) in size so it needs to be very small if something is filling the hole. That has prompted me to think about making something on the 3d printer and gluing what i make into the hole. I mean, if you can over complicate filling a hole why wouldn't you 😄

4 hours ago, Miker7 said:

The holes are currently only about 2 to 2.5mm (guess) in size so it needs to be very small if something is filling the hole. That has prompted me to think about making something on the 3d printer and gluing what i make into the hole. I mean, if you can over complicate filling a hole why wouldn't you

Black plastic blind rivets?

Jonathan