Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WIDE angle rear view mirror for roll cage options

JAL73

I have a trackday roll cage on an SV car and need a cage mounted rear view mirror. This will be for road use and the occasional trackday.

I see there is a 15" Pitking mirror with one long (2.0-5.5" adjustment ) and one short (0.5-2.5" adjustment) mounting clamp from demon tweeks.

OR theres a 14" Longacre mirror with equal length mounting clamps. I assume the 17" Longacre mirror is probably excessively wide for an SV cage?

Any recommendations on any of the above options?

If you go for equal length shorter clamps can the mirror be angled towards the driver enough to get an optimal rear view?

image.thumb.png.bf0c7a0e3b726bbaba15e201fb010fca.png

OR.....

image.png.55d7f3e4ca6080b09e2d6db226a6a7cd.png

Edited by JAL73

I’ve recently fitted the pitking wide view mirror. Came with both equal and unequal length mounts but decided to fit the equal length as I felt it looks better and gives a good all around view (importantly covers the blind spot created from having the cage block my spa passenger mirror) - not driven with it fitted yet but seems decent quality 🙂

IMG_7393.jpeg

IMG_7398.jpeg

IMG_7391.jpeg

Edited by PaulRainsford
Spelling mistake

I fitted a Longacre 14” to my S3. It fits perfectly in between the Double-D of my trackday rollcage. It tucks up out of the way much less intrusively than the photos above. I fitted it using rubber mounted P-clips and small L-brackets. I doubt an SV is wide enough to accommodate this in this out-of-the-way position.

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

I sell mounts that allow you to fit a screen (otherwise the mounts hit the screen too) by using 2x removable zipties and some vhb tape. They’re shown here but I’ve not added the vhb tape in these pics or cut the tails off and hidden them, which neatens it up massively. I can do them for 32 or 38mm cages. 28 quid delivered with zipties and tape. They hold at 125mph with no screen. I usually do 1 short 1 long but can do whatever

details on uberniche.co.uk

for a mirror I use a cheap convex ebay one. 22 quid. Black line convex 

IMG_3639.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

Edited by graearea

2 hours ago, graearea said:

I sell mounts that allow you to fit a screen (otherwise the mounts hit the screen too) by using 2x removable zipties and some vhb tape. They’re shown here but I’ve not added the vhb tape in these pics or cut the tails off and hidden them, which neatens it up massively. I can do them for 32 or 38mm cages. 28 quid delivered with zipties and tape. They hold at 125mph with no screen. I usually do 1 short 1 long but can do whatever

details on uberniche.co.uk

for a mirror I use a cheap convex ebay one. 22 quid. Black line convex 

IMG_3639.jpeg

IMG_3540.jpeg

Thats very neat. I ended up buying a 14" longacre mirror with standard mounting brackets but prefer the recessed look of yours. I also have the same trackday rollcage. What is the box above the mirror with the red R on it?

Racebox mini. I’ve since flipped it and need to redesign the bracket to hide it better as it’s quite expensive. Haven’t offered it for sale as it’s a bit niche… dunno maybe people would like it. 

Edited by graearea

12 minutes ago, BigCol said:

a bit… but not uber niche…?  🤔🤣🤣🤣

I've done some odd things for people recently. buttons surrounds for a caterham21, custom motorbike brake mounts for a 7. parts for a wheelchair....