Click here if you are having website access problems ×

In a position to buy a Caterham.

Tvrtastic911

Hello Caterham collective. 

I am now in the position where I have the money, space in the garage and approval from the wife to purchase a Seven. I get that it’s not the best time of the year, but I want to strike while the stars are aligned.  

Before I pop down to GP Sevens, are any of you waiting for the Spring to list your Caterham? Want to move this forwards?

Spec that I’m looking for is. 

150ish bhp (K or Sigma)

6 speed

wide track

LSD

FIA roll cage

windscreen (heated)

heater and some ww gear

anthracite/superlight Wheels 13”

budget £21-22k

cheers 

Edited by Tvrtastic911
Spelling!

17 minutes ago, Tvrtastic911 said:

I get that it’s not the best time of the year

I’d suggest it’s the perfect time - there’ll be as wide a choice as at any time of the year and prices naturally at their lowest…

Good luck with your purchase!

Oh… and welcome!  *byebye*

• Like 1

Good Luck with your purchase. I went to GP but got a better car privately through Blatchat. Amazingly the chassis numbers were only 50 apart.

Whilst I didn't buy from GP, I felt that they were genuinely inteterested in the outcome. If I ever change, they will be on my list to visit.

I also looked at Sevens & Classics at Brands Hatch

• Like 1

I would also look at Sevens and Classics.

Your target spec is pretty good, although I would not worry too much about the wheels, as they are easily changed.

An LSD is nice but you will likely find that most cars of that spec have open diffs.

Apologies to all that have messaged me over the last couple of days.

Been taken out with cold/flu. Cannot string two words together, let alone ponder what we all know to be endless permutations of Seven options and models.  

I’ll respond on my return to feeling human. 

• Area Representative

I am now in the position where I have the money, space in the garage and approval from the wife to purchase a Seven.

Congratulations. You clearly plan a lot more thoroughly than I did. I had a budget and bought what I could within it. I still have it 25 years & 140,000 miles later.