Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shift Lights mounting

AlastairA

I have acquired the Aces Shift Lights which came with a nice mounting bracket. However, the supplied bracket is square and therefore does not accommodate the slope of the scuttle at the usual mounting position. I'm aware that Caterham sell their own version which does allow for the shape of the scuttle - but of course they are out of stock. I've considered using a stand-off with spherical washers either side of the scuttle, but that would mean the mounting point could not be behind the dashboard (the bracket also holds the lights away from the windscreen).

Any experience / thoughts?

• Area Representative

I have the DRE shift lights and these are simply held directly on top of the scuttle with Velcro. Admittedly they are probably lighter than the Aces ones but may be worth investigating other forms of attachment. Or perhaps make a new bracket. I’m assuming it’s just a thin piece of bent bar with a couple of holes. 

• Like 1

• Leadership Team

The Caterham-ACES bracket is a very simply piece of bent ally plate with the leg on one side sitting higher than the other, IIRC the o/e ACES bracket is fundamentally the same but symmetrical and has angular corners. It wouldn’t be difficult fabricate your own bracket if someone can let you have the dimensions.

Stu.

• Like 1