Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Inspiration for an LSD 'catch can' required

mph

Hello folks,

My LSD has a breather pipe, which managed to quite successfully breathe all over the floor of a garage on my last track day. It turns out it was just pointing down, with nothing on the end to catch surplus. 

So I'd like to put a small container on the end. But — and no chortling at the back there, please — I seem to be utterly incompetent at searching for the right thing. I just want a small container with a 3/8-1/2" inlet where I can stick my pipe.

Does anyone have any inspirational container solutions, preferably with a link to where one can purchase please?

Thanks!

My extended breather pipe goes up into the boot and loops down into a small clear watertight container (can't remember if 50 or 100ml) cable tied to rear bulkhead and has 3 holes drilled into the lid for breathing. 

Edited by Drumster
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Drumster said:

My extended breather pipe goes up into the boot and loops down into a small clear watertight container (can't remember if 50 or 100ml) cable tied to rear bulkhead and has 3 holes drilled into the lid for breathing. 

Nice! I like that idea @Drumster 👏

• Area Representative

I had a Girling remote brake reservoir fed from the bottom, this then used to drain back into the diff when it cooled.

Axle was a Salisbury 4HA 5 linked in the back of a Lotus Sunbeam rally car.

Scruitineer decided he didn't like it in the car even though it was inside the rear bulkhead with the battery and fuel tank being a hatchback car.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of that arrangement

DerekH

• Area Representative

Just one thing, you might need to enlarge the bore of the hole through the connector as diff oil viscosity is a bit higher than hydraulic fluid.

image.thumb.jpeg.53a4b7dda6e3b7b2a6bb4602fff3c67a.jpeg

Was a bit of a beast in its day.

DerekH

• Like 1