Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Has Caterham changed the radiator mounting brackets on a 420SV chassis?

prisoner7

Hoping for some help.

See the attached picture. You can see above the LH ARB that there is a vertical member. There are four of them where I am expecting to see the horizontal brackets.

Does anyone know if CAT changed the mounting method? I have a dry sump setup, if that makes any difference.

To confuse things, I think I was sent the wrong radiator. I was sent a 300C004A (45 cm wide) and the chassis mounts are 60 cm apart.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_0826.HEIC

On 25/10/2023 at 17:56, prisoner7 said:

You can see above the LH ARB that there is a vertical member. There are four of them where I am expecting to see the horizontal brackets

Have you already found the discussion in the forum about the importance of avoiding any twisting force on the radiator at the mounts or any loading from the hoses? There's a school of thought that these are responsible for the recent spate of failures of aluminium radiators. (And there's a completely different theory!)

Jonathan

AlastairA - your picture solved the problem. Caterham confirmed that I need the following 2 brackets:

reference #s 580C0002B and 580C0004B.

Thank you for your pictures!

Jonathan - yes, I've read this. All I can say is...thank goodness for this forum for new members such as myself. This forum has solved countless problems for me.