Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel Filter Location

Stu Smith

Hello all, Doing a basic service this week on my 2010 Sigma 140 Supersport. Whereabouts would the fuel filter be located? I must say when I've been doing some odd jobs around the car I've never seen anything that resembles a fuel filter?      TIA

The gauge would stop at full for quite sometime then steadily go to 1/2 but I've never seen it go under the quarter mark..Which does make you try and gauge the miles done between 1/2 and just before the 1/4 mark. I haven't set the float to the bottom I've left it up a tad..My theory being when it gets close to the red I've still got a little bit more than that. (Not that I ever let it go down that low.)

Update on readings.

Filled the tank to the brim and went out. The gauge didn't seem to stay on the full mark for as long as before, although this is a guesstimate. The gauge did in fact for the 1st time since I've owned the car drop below the 1/4 full mark, I filled her back up when the needle hit the top of the red zone. I'm very happy with these results, no more guess work when on the 1/4 full mark.

Stu.

#14  Sounds like progress.  Thanks for the feedback.

IME, it's unusual for the gauge not to drop below 1/4 at all.  I'm wondering whether your pump may have been misaligned in the tank, such that the float was touching the tank side at some point.  Did you refit the pump in the same position as before?

JV