Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED headlamps with DLR.

Peter G

Where have people taken the feed from for the DRL on LED replacement headlamps? I don't want use the old sidelight feed as I'd have to have side and rear lights on all the time. So where is a suitable switched live nearby to feed into so they run as designed? Or do I need to go back to the fuses under the dash?

TIA

Whats wrong with having the rears on all the time,

Volvo's original  'running lights' was a much safer idea than the current front only with dashlights..... which encourage ignorant tintop drivers think they have lights on when in fact they are driving in heavy rain totally invisible from the rear.... *furious*

Please make sure you have decent rear light to for your own safety, not the clear lens with colour bulbs with are sh!te....

I recently fitted these as additional 3 wat rear on the cage and John printed some brackets for them.... they are incredible lights *thumb_up*

https://www.kellermann-online.com/en/atto-df/156.200

Ive just fitted JAL LED rears with the original red and orange lenses, and I have a high level LED light bar on the roll bar, so I think the back end is as well protected as it can be. The car being a bright shade of Orange helps visibility too, but looking forward to having DRLs on the front, 

"I don't want use the old sidelight feed as I'd have to have side and rear lights on all the time."

Is that still the case after the discussion above?

Do you want to keep the existing front sidelights?

What model of Seven, and would you like the appropriate wiring diagram?

Jonathan

Ian. I think I may have to go that way but there's always the risk of leaving the lights on and if overnight then a flatish battery.

Jonathan its a 2000 year K series I have a wiring diagram for 2001 onwards, if you have one for 2000 year I'd be very grateful for it but I suspect there won't be much difference. 

I am thinking of using the feed to the rad fan switch which is close enough and ignition switched live. Any possible problems with this that I may not be aware of?

Nothing different that I know of between 2000 and 2001. And I've checked Andrew Revill's revised diagram.

That ignition-switched feed to the radiator fan switch should work. It's fused, fuse rating is 15A, and the current to the LED DRLs will be low,

Jonathan

In #7, Peter G said I think I may have to go that way but there's always the risk of leaving the lights on and if overnight then a flatish battery.

I drive this way and have also fitted a warning buzzer that sounds if the lights are on and ignition off (and over-ride switch in case I need to park up with sidelights on)