Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Locking wheel nuts

AlastairA

Anyone got any recommendations for locking wheel nuts compatible with Apollo Silver Alloy wheels on a 420R?

I believe the studs are M14 x 1.5 but don't know the thread length for a covered nut (and don't have access to my car at the moment).

Thanks in advance!

Not much in the archives:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:caterhamlotus7.club+locking+wheel+nuts

but a few references to McGard:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:caterhamlotus7.club+mcgard+nuts

Jonathan

PS: Just in case anyone doesn't know: there are safety precautions with wheel nuts. Enough thread needs to be engaged, and if the nuts are closed then the stud mustn't bottom out. These are particularly relevant to Sevens because of the range of components and interesting histories of some cars. (Antony and Cleopatra, innit?)

• Area Representative

I have never bothered with locking wheel nuts and very quickly discarded the cycle lock on the spare wheel (then the spare wheel). 

In 140,000 miles of use over 25 years, no one has distrubed my Seven. I have never returned to the car to find poppers undone to boot or tonneau and I don't think potential theives would bother to put everything back in place.

Apart from the 911, I've taken them off the tintops. They are a liability as easily lost / damaged as most seem to be made of cheese.

SWMBO had a puncture 150miles away from me so called the AA - he commented very positively that I'd removed the locking bolts and replaced with OEM standard bolts. Got the impression they cause a lot of grief!