Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyres

david nelson

Very disappointing to here that there are discussion going on about tyres for next year and behind closed doors. We are a club and it should be about inclusiveness. 

Class 3 is   list 1b, it's not a gentleman's agreement, to only have one tyre make. Next year I will either use my Avons or if there is no life left in them some other tyre. Let's make it an inclusive sport not one that discusses things in dark rooms, with the potential to exclude club members. 

David

Previous Overall Champion, class 2, 3, 4 champion and previous mutli class record holder in different venues and classes 

David

The comp sec has sent out an email about tyres, not sure of the circulation of this. I think the discussion has been prompted by the imminent closure of Avon tyres, probably meaning no more ZZS's.

Class 3 is list 1b and I believe that's how it should remain. If ZZS is not in list 1b then competitor's should be free to choose another from that list. This keeps our championship inclusive. Nothing to discuss as far as I am concerned.

I think there is a competitors' meeting at Curborough to discuss this and a few other issues.

David.. I noted that you've not entered the championship, hence why you probably were not asked to enter the debate up to yet.

There is no point opening discussions up to everyone outside of registered competitors as good valid points may then get missed by 'noise' which may or not have validity raised by someone with no interest or indeed knowledge of the subject.. There are several thousand people in the club, however there are less than 100 registered to compete..it makes sense to have the debate which may affect a few, between the competitors that show interest by registering and competing/ supporting the championship.

Tyres is only one thing under discussion- ultimately the championship follows MSA rules and allows 1B tyres, the gentle(person) agreement, to be non exclusive David pointing out the sexist comment*rofl*, is nothing more than an informal discussion/ agreement that was had to prevent a tyre war with people spending significant sums in that search of the unicorn of tyres however it prevents nor excludes anyone wishing to change or use anything from the list.