Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow Radiator Bleed Screw

Ray Stewart

Hi

The Bleed screw on my 1996 Crossflow radiator has broken off & I'm trying to source a replacement. I've had no luck contacting Redline and Caterham don't have any in stock. Does anyone know where else I could try or who produced the original radiators for 7's in 1996?

I haven't yet tried to remove what's left of the screw still in the radiator!

Many thanks

Ray

There must be lots of old Xflow rads lurking in the back of garages, either where the owner has upgraded or perhaps the core of the rad has been damaged. Maybe a shout in the Wanted section of BC might help. It might help to post a pic as well as there may have been different bleed screws over the years.

Hi Wrightpayne

Yes, it was made by Covrad in 1996. Although I couldn't get through to them I did find a company called J&J Radiators from another thread on BC but unfortunately they don't have any spares for radiators that old!

Terry7

Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try. You've also prompted me to check my local area guys who may have some spares.

Thanks

Ray

Seems Covrad went into administration and AKS heat transfer have picked up coverage for their products.

Maybe worth a call.

I have a spare rad and have already given away one plug - I'll get the other out and see if I can size the thread to find an alternate plug source. 

Ian

Hi Ian, SM25T & Wrightpayne

Many thanks for all your help and although I have now found a replacement for the bleed screw it would probably be prudent to get an original. Mine is a steel radiator and I'll get in touch with Chris on Tuesday.

Thanks again.

Ray