Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell Park

Tony Smith

Happy New Year everyone,

Hope we all had a good Christmas and are now looking forward to the new season. Maybe its just me but the videos I have seen of Cadwell make it look like a daunting prospect in March on a cold slippery track having not driven the car for 6 months and never at Cadwell.

In view of this I have booked on the trackday on the Friday for some sighting laps and maybe some coaching.

Hopefully will see some of you on the Friday and the Saturday  *driving*

Tony

Incidentally Cadwell was my first ever trackday back in 2002 and in the damp. After the first buttock-clenching session I decided some instruction was necessary as I didn't have a clue! (some say I still don't *laugh* ). You'll be fine Tony just drive at your usual pace *tongue*

In those days the wall on the outside of The Hairpin was just the other side of the white line. Kinda kept you focused *yes*

Whenever I've been at our trackdays at Cadwell, both spectating and participating, its the mountain and hall bends that are tricky and where I've seen the most incidents. On the mountain everything goes light and there appears to be a kink in the track - I always kept steering straight up and over it. Hall bends and the hairpin are under trees so can stay damp longer than the rest of the circuit plus the tarmac has whatever falls from / out of the trees contaminating it!

I didn't have tuition but went out as a passenger with someone who knew the circuit well and had lots more track experience than me. Made a big difference to my speed and enjoyment!

• 2 months later...