Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Surrey blat recommendations

BrettJ

I have had to resort to leaving the county because of the volume of other road users.

In Hampshire, turning off the A31 onto a circuit of the A339 northwards from Alton, and turning left immediately before the M3 onto the B3046, to then return circuitously back to the A31, is one I have enjoyed a few times. 

You can drive across the A31 at this point and down to the A272 as a continuation, although this road is often busy also. 

One short but very sweet section of road is Stoner Hill. Leave Petersfield at its western end and follow the road called Bell Hill, attempting to ensure no-one is in front of you as you head out of town. The bends are tighter than they appear on approach....

I agree Surrey is far too "trafficked" these days. South of Petworth, around Goodwood, South Harting, North of Chichester etc. are your best bets

Try downloading an app called CaliMoto if you don't already have it. Whilst it doesn't come up with instant blatting roads It occasionally comes up with some interesting suggestions I otherwise wouldn't have bothered to try.

How did the blat go Brett? 

if you happen across any gems around the area, do let me know. The road between the A281 at Cranleigh and Hascombe village was one I enjoyed yesterday evening. A couple of tight corners which flow very well.