Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WTB or create 1968 S3 Bonnet Air Scoop

Iamscotticus

Wanting to do a downdraft conversion with a correct Lotus bonnet air scoop.

I am willing to buy one or I will pay for your trouble if you can get a 3D model file in a format a 3D printer or CNC machine can use.

Not interested in making and selling these, just trying to get one, as only around 350 S3 cars were made and many of those were probably converted to DCOEs.  

It is probably much more realistic to gat a 3D file than find one someone is willing to let go of.

The holy grail would be a Lotus nose and S3 bare bonnet with scoop

Thank you

Only third on top.  these things tend to not be available in the proper size or proportion.  The rear tip must be a point.

I will only use the scoop that fits the bonnet curvature.   

I have noticed the use of two different scoops on the Lotuses. 

When Caterham relaunched the S3, did they have the Downdraft?  Or did they go straight for the DCOEs?

I sent an email asking about producing a plain bonnet with Downdraft hole, and Lotus spec bonnet, etc.  No reply in over a week. 

I recently found a thread written by someone who had a similar project,  ordering a bonnet for a Lotus.  The shop doing the work didn't test fit the hood before paint and finishing.  The bonnet was 20mm short, or the Lotus was long.  If I were Arch,  I would have learned to not supply panels for Lotuses.  I made it clear that my chasis was 90s, and provided the arch stamp.  But I also mention I was interested in obtaining Lotus spec parts as well.  Quagmire?

Yes, Cat had "GT" downdrafts on the 80s.  that is the bonnet I want.  But Im not interested in a bubble or budge.  Only the scoop.  Because its cool.  I wonder why Cat didn't continue with them?

Yes, an email from me is very likely to go to SPAM .