Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOG composite carbon dash.

Windsurfer

Hi all, 

I am to order some carbon parts from mog composite (westmann) and I am a little confused about the fact that ist is unvarnished. Do I have to varnish it myself? It will not be protected enought if I do not varnish it? Do you have pictures of it. Communications are really good with them but I just want to get more advice from your experience please.

Best regards

dash.thumb.jpg.19769903ca0ab09c943d31811ff01cec.jpg

this is my Westermann all I did was cut the holes, trim top, bit of velcro and then sealed with sikaflex and done. there was one bit that needed a touch up of clear gloss lacquer, but the price superb, and customer service even better. have fun

Slowly :)!  I used a fine dremel cutting wheel for the squared off cuts, I mounted the piece temporarily on a  plywood board, plus my own carefully rigged dust extraction device (vacuum cleaner) taped to be right next to every cut, plus a ton of dust particle respirator stuff, then carefully washed and cleaned the whole area when done.

Circular ones dead easy holesaw, and made sure it had lots of support from the ply at back.

Finally I have a sanding thingo, essentially about 15mm wide belt sander but handeld and easy to manoeuvre, which took out any corners, carefully.

Mine is not perfect and I cannot emphasize enough - take time - 1 hours cutting but a lifetime of looking at on the car!

Hope that makes sense and helps.