Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fog light bracket - The sort that sits underneath the rear panel.

Steve Wright

• Area Representative

Looking for a fog light bracket for 1996 car, a time when fog and reverse lights were hung below the rear panel. It's made of flat steel with a rolled end for the fixing bolt. 

Just thought somebody may be fitting JAL rear lights to a car of this era and might have a spare bracket.

I know one could be made but I'm not clever enough. *rolleyes*

• Area Representative

Great idea, thanks Ian! I'll give it week then contact Arch.

I botched it with some extruded aluminium for many years ago, it had an argument with a concrete post in France. Noticed it last week when it was up on the ramp for MOT, and thought it would be good to get it back to original again.

• Area Representative

Thanks everyone, I'll call Redline on Monday.

Re post number 5, mine also has the two small barrels brazed to the frame. The bracket that I need is bolted to the back of the lamp, it's flat steel and narrow at the top, rolled into the shape of a tube. A long bolt passes through the barrel on the frame and the rolled section of the bracket. It's fixed by nyloc nut on the end of the bolt.

• Area Representative

Thanks to everyone for your ideas.

Contacted Chris at Redline and it seems that we've found something that can't be sourced! Must be a first for Redline. *smile*

Contacted Bruce at Arch, it seems that the bracket came with the lamp at the time. During the argument with the concrete post, I took out the lamp as well. Replaced it at the time with stock from Caterham Parts but it came without the bracket so guess it's one of the later panel mounted ones.

Great idea Drumster, I had a look at those and may well go that route. They look great but are not quite like the originals, so it's a toss up between keeping the originals with my botched bracket or changing the look slightly. I know I'm a sad originality freak but there you go!

Thanks again for all of the ideas, I'll have a think. *thumbs_up_thumb*