Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Various Parts from my Caterham 7 Academy (1.6 VX 8 valve live axle).

IanRL

Various Parts from my Caterham 7 Academy (1.6 VX 8 valve live axle).

Collection from Ashbourne in Derbyshire preferred but can arrange to post smaller items to UK addresses at cost.

Please contact me for emailed pictures of the parts.

Schroth Racing 6-point harness. 2” Red straps & dated 2020. £75

2inchSchroth.thumb.JPG.c0691f2399a64f48fb56f9b94e1e43eb.JPG

Collection of ex-race kit (removed when returned to the road). Lifeline fire bottle kit complete with instructions. Gauge in the green (last refilled 2016). Side intrusion bar, 1.2m Cage padding, sprint timing strut, black adhesive backed race number stickers, Merlin track-day additional muffler. £100 the lot. 

RaceSpares.thumb.JPG.19a391822fa0ff6de773e99ff1541f68.JPG

General spares for VX Classic 8V Caterham. Upper steering column & Mountney boss (new). 2x 7” chrome headlights (scruffy & one stone impact to lense).  Various trim center clips & installation tools. Rear light lense. 2x Momo IVA steering wheel center covers. Hood sticks. £25 the lot.

I'll try to keep this 1st page of the listing updated.

OK to split the "job lots" if there is something specific of interest.

Can I have the "ex-race kit" bits please?

Happy to pay postage.

Edit: no can't do it. I feel honour-bound to point out that the transponder is worth at least £400, probably more. Very happy to pay £150 for it, but would suggest you stick it on ebay with a starting price of £300 and see what it fetches.

Current transponders are rental-only and unreliable as hell. The old style ones are very sought after. Mine still works but has been patched up over the years with broken mounting lugs and an external power LED.

That's very decent of you Roger as I had no idea of the value.

The transponder was fitted by the original owner when he raced in the Classic Academy Series. It was removed as part of the tidying up when the car became road use only & has been in my loft for several years.

If you are happy with £150 for the transponder, bracket & postage then so am I but I’d rather not package & post all the other stuff listed in the job lot as some of the parts are quite large & won’t package very well.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian.

I have no use for the fire extinguisher or side impact bar, so I'd be happy to pay £150 for the transponder and bracket. The rain light might be useful to keep as a spare but they're pretty reliable so probably not.

Message me with your bank details and I'll do a transfer. Many thanks!

4x Minilight wheels & Yokohama 185 x 60 R13 A539 tyres. These were my “rain tyres” with full tread so very little use. Tyres dated 2013 & have 7-8mm tread, fitted & well balanced. £250.

ACES shift lights kit with instructions & original receipt £50 Still available.

Oil pressure gauge & sender (if mechanical)

Caterham key rings

Keen on these - I'll PM - thanks!