Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Family Estate/SUV - petrol WHY?

New Cat

Looking for something to replace my wife's Mazda 6 estate in coming months. Nothing too fancy but with reasonable boot space , modest miles, approx up to 5 years old. Not a diesel.

If you could let me know if your PCP is going back or you may have something suitable, that would be great. Thanks! Jon

Hi Jon, 

my PCP BMW will be ending in May hopefully, subject to the new car arriving.

it's a 2018 dec registered BMW X3M40i with 23k miles. I am the on,y owner from new, full BMW service etc.

can send more details if you like. But it's a fantastic all rounder with 355hp that fits the dog in the boot

Perhaps a Skoda Octavia estate  (perhaps even the VRS?) all sorts of engines. Loads of room. Even a PHEV petrol now...

Volvo V60 could be worth a look. Plenty coming off PCP

The Mazda 6 is a good car though. Be tempted to stick with it. or same again. I worked on the launch a while back!

This is a family bus for my wife to replace her 11 year old, 130k mile very well used Mazda 6! Not ruling anything out but looking to pay a fair price of not more than £20k ideally. My wife has zero interest in cars and actually prefers something that is not very valuable/worried about. It is nice that its not a total shed when I do drive it though!

Thanks Salty. Thinking I probably need to bide my time unless something comes up privately. The difference between new prices and up to 4 year old cars is minimal in retail but order books for many cars are simply closed... Certainly considering things like Kia Sportage...

Sportage is a great car. The wife's sister had one and loved it. To give some idea from experience, my wife's mum, sister, husband and myself all now own Kia's. Wife's mum, sister and husband have for 10 years and all that's ever gone wrong in 6 cars was 1 sat nav unit under warranty.  Wife will also be joining the suit and possibly my mum too. Definitely don't rule them out as a contender.