Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seat height(s) vs lowered floors

Kimble

Does anyone here know if Tillet seats are lower than the Standard leather seats, if both are mounted on runners?

I feel like I sit a bit high in my SV with standard floors and I'm wondering if a seat upgrade I'm saving up for will fix the problem ( I would like to switch from leather to carbon tillets) or if I will need to look at a lowered floor as well.

-Neil

Hi Neil, I am pretty sure you sit lower and can have more distance to the pedals with Tilletts - that was my experience.

You might want to consider Tilletts and lowered floors - I think there are very few people who would not find this better.

• Leadership Team

Standard S3, lowered floors, Kevlar Tilletts with additional 30mm spacers under the front mounting points (seat to runner) to recline the seats a little.
I'm 5'11" (but long in the body) and with this setup my forward view is at mid screen level. 

Stu.

Not sure this is going to help, but I think Tilletts have a higher seating position compared to standard leather seats.  I have had both recently, both with lowered floors, and I definitely seat higher in the Tillett.  The standard leather seat base actually touches the floor, so you are sitting on a thin layer of plastic plus the foam and leather, where as the Tillet doesn't touch the floor if you fit runners (or the box section), that's before you add any additional spacers.