Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing glass from Spa Mirrors ?

mschraider

Hey Folks, 

The centre post on my central spa mirror seems to be knackered and to have come unbonded form the mirror case. 

The only way I can think to repair it would be to remove the glass, refit the post and then replace the glass - so my question; how do you remove the glass ? 

it would also be great to hear any better ideas, or whether anyone has experience of getting Spa Design to repair them ? 

TIA

Mine fell out when I went over a cattle grid on the A39 driving across Exmoor *driving*

Seriously . . . . .  there is a small hole in the top and you need a very small long PH or PZ screw driver (can't remember which) to tighter the screw in the top of the post IIRC but others may have a better memory than me, the "glass is glued in.

The central post on my Caterham supplied carbon fibre Spa mirror isn't adhered to the casing at all, by design. It is only held in place by the clamping screw through the top of the case into the thread in the post, with the bottom of the post passing through a hole in the casing behind the mirror glass. Do some Spa mirrors have a different design for connection between the post and casing, as I can see no advantage to removing the glass to fix an issue between the post and casing on my mirror?