Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Retaining Channel Aeroscreen

bluenose

• Area Representative

Been waiting for a reply from Redline about whether they can supply these and not heard anything so went to order them from Caterham only for the LH one to be out of stock *curse*  Anyone ordered ones from Kitcardirect http://www.kitcardirect.co.uk/caterham-s3-easy-swap-retaining-channel.html and where they reasonably quality and did they fit OK?  

Nick

• Area Representative

Thanks Andrew will probably order some.  

Ray, noted but just a holding email would have been nice after a couple of weeks and I did send a follow up email.  Want to support Chris but also need to get an order in.

Nick

• Leadership Team

I've just found out that, while the contact details haven't altered, phone, email, etc., Redline's new business address is quite some distance from the old one.

Reynard Crag,
Reynard Crag Lane,
High Birstwith,
Harrogate,
HG3 2JQ

So I'm guessing the problem about getting hold of Chris Mintoft has been what must have been a big move, geographically.

• Area Representative

Alan

Just seen the post from Chris.  Maybe it would have been prudent to post up before he up sticks and moved so we could have given him some slack.  Posted up something on his website or Facebook page or have an answer phone message to keep customers informed?  Seems an odd way to run a business?   As I said I want to support small businesses especially in the Caterham world.

Nick

• Area Representative

More information please Guy.  What tools required?  Welding required?  How did you form the bend in the metal?  Can you make others as it will cost me close to £45 from Caterham/Redline?

Reply to #8

I made mine about 18 years ago and memory is not so good at my age but here goes,

I cut them out of what looks like 2.5 or 3.0mm mild steel sheet, A 90° bend and a small 90° return (I had access to a press in those days) to fit in the channel, For the slots I drilled a couple of holes close to each other and elongated them into the slots with (a lot) of filing. Tack welded 2 x M8 nuts then had them powder coated locally.

• Area Representative

Thanks Guy, no access to welding or metal press so not an easy job for me.  Bought some from Redline today as Chris seems to be up and running again.  Did not think about Arch and not sure if they make these for Caterham, seems a bit of a small order to start bothering Bruce  or Phil?