Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LED Headlights with Integrated Indicator

Kimble

I was looking at this months Low Flying magazine and in the Spot The Difference section, Pascal's got what looks like replacement headlights which do away with the indicator.  This makes a lot of sense to me as there's less to go wrong and a much cleaner look.

Can anyone advise on what this conversion requires?  It looks like the mounting rods are also difference.   I've tried searching but couldn't find a solution.

I have some I bought on Amazon for about £60 for the pair. I'm very happy with them. They are much brighter headlights than OE but when the indicators flash they flash white/orange/white/orange rather than orange/nothing/orange/nothing. Which may be illegal. I'd be interested in hearing from someone who has 5.75inch lights that flash correctly. 
 Also, I had some lights without the orange indicator rings whose halo was much brighter because all the halo LEDs were halo DRL rather than alternating white/orange.

White / orange / white / orange is exactly what the later minis have;  the white halo ring is a daytime running light and should be wired as such.

£60 a pair sounds very cheap unless they are just the inserts - I bought a pair at £85 each including bowls and all fittings.

Kimble, here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324704652118

but they don't seem to have any left.  It would be worth a search to see if anyone else has them,

I am delighted with mine and would send a picture but the pictures on my Iphone are in 'heic' format and this site doesn't recognise them.  Shame, anyone on IOS 10 upwards will have their pix in this format now.

The DRL on the appropriate side goes off on mine when the indicator is used and re illuminate once canceled.

Most tintops significantly drop the power of the DRL in order the Indicator colour takes priority, these are much better then the rear light used on many car now where the brake lights over power the indicator this is exaggerated by the lack of separation between these two light sources.