Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear anti-roll bar - quick adjustment

Se7enBTCC

Afternoon all,

On a recent wet trackday a fellow Caterham owner told me about a way of modifying the rear anti-roll bar assembly to be quick release and not require spanners and the time etc to change when at track.

Is anyone able to help identify what he meant, it would be super handy to quickly adjust the position without spanners on a track day?

Image below of whats currently on the car. Thanks, Paul

IMG_2744.thumb.jpeg.cdc095d0436cfaad4202f732862881b6.jpeg

Fit male parts to the holes that you are likely to use. You can then extract the locking clip from the joint, pop it off the male and refit it to one of the other males you have added refitting the locking clip of course no

Don't bother with the locking clips on the bottom, they're not necessary, and it makes the job much easier.

Tools required are a big flat-bladed screwdriver to pop the link off (can be tricky to get it at the right angle to get leverage) and a pair of water-pump pliers to squeeze it back on. A Mole grip might work instead but it needs to have pretty wide jaws. 

Evening again, so I fitted the drop link male ball's no issue, now very quick and easy to adjust. 

My issue now though is if the adjustment is on the stiffest, foreword most setting the softest rearmost ball touches the inner wheel. Am I getting something wrong, same on both sides?

EA848C19-06DF-41CE-8B04-3819C9BDA463.thumb.jpeg.6b3cddead5c35f8737b22c99d4186ff1.jpeg

You can buy the joint on its own much cheaper, £6 from CC, but others can also supply if you want to hunt a cheaper price. 
I would advise against using the softest setting, there has been reports of damage to CV joints and scraping on the ground, using that setting on this forum, but that does seem to depend on the age and design of your rear ARB.  Later cars no longer have the stand off fitted, but I am not sure if this is the cause of these soft setting problems.