Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Side-repeater Indicator wiring removal from black connector box...

Nick Bassett

• Area Representative

Hi folks,

I'm removing the side repeater indicators from my cycle wings and am really struggling to remove the wiring that goes into the black connector box that lives between the rad & the front of the engine.

I've split the black box into it's two parts and removed the yellow insert from one side - that was easy, but I'm really struggling to remove the long thin connector from the black box! I've wiggled it up and down while gently pushing the wire from the other side and inserted slim picks etc, but it ain't budging! The annoying thing is , I have removed these before when re-fitting the original headlamp brackets etc, but I cannot do it this time. Can anyone provide any advice please - at my whits end, but determined not to be defeated!

Thanks

Edited - pic now attached. The offending connector is top centre, but they all look the same.

Siderepeater.thumb.jpg.0455292b8f8ae61f799d555a61d6ecd9.jpg

• Area Representative

Thanks John - that's kind of what I thought would happen... but hasn't up until now!

I walked away from it yesterday, so hoping a fresh pair of eyes and hands might make it work tonight...!!

• Area Representative

John - I just used a very cheap, very small screw driver and eventually it did the job.

I'm a fully signed up member of the 'if you can't do it, walk away and try another day' club... this approach tends to work for me! *smile*