Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Paint protection films

Kelly959

I used PPG at the end of my rebuild about 18months ago. It’s looks good, it’s barely perceptible. They are very experienced with the subtleties of a 7. I’d recommend getting the full sides covered, rather than just a strip. 

Dave from PPG travels to you to fit in your garage, which not unreasonably, he charges for. Travel costs for me where a significant proportion of the cost - but if your fairly local you’ll benefit from this. 

I used PPG when my 7 was repainted in 2015 and I had the film added to the nosecone, rear wings, scuttle, cockpit bows (?) and the area behind the bonnet springs. Yes, there are a few scuffs from flying stones on the rear wings but more importantly the film hasn't 'yellowed' over the white strip on the nosecone. Not cheap but well worth it in my opinion.

I have just had various bits done on my 420R by Dave at PPG.  Very good job.  The first part he came up to me and so had 1 hrs travel each way.  I then decided to have the tops of front wings and the nosecone done and for this I travelled down to him.  Met him at Premier Power where he can occasionally have access to the workshop to do some small bits.

David, I understand that some of the newer protection films are self healing to a certain extent.

Colin

• Leadership Team

Dave from PPG did mine immediately after the car was repainted, fantastic job and made me realise it's worth seeking out someone familiar with Caterhams.  

Same as Tom, I had the full sides done which although costly is far better than a patchwork of small pieces, you can't even tell it's there! 

Stu.

The man in action ...

8AFA9572-30B9-4639-8B65-677FBDCAA99C.thumb.jpeg.483e40be03badc82e25a58e4b0d67e1b.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...