Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted: Weller wheel(s) - Ital 5.5 x 13

psitau

Hello

I am after one (or more) Weller steel wheels for a 90's live axle 7 - as close as I can get in style to existing ones as pictured below. Existing ones are 5.5 x 13" with the Ital/triumph 3.75" PCD and ET13 (actually ET12 - thanks rkeywood).

If anyone has any spare in good or alternatively reasonably easy to restore condition or a tip on any, please let me know.

Thanks,

Iain

IMG_20210327_200649096.jpg.b145069b5f85679dfaedbdd997e03847.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated this wanted as now I have removed the tyre from an old one - they're actually 5.5".

So I am interested in any 5.5" wheels as above or alternatively a full set of 6". I am based in North East England and can collect if distance allows or arrange a courier if not.

Thanks,

Iain

Hi. The size and 14 hole pattern look the same as the Weller Formula Ford wheels but the ET13 is odd - the 3.75 PCD FF wheels were a 9mm offset ('standard') or 34mm ('Van Demien'). It may be worth a call to Weller to see whether they were a standard product or if they only made a small batch as specials.

If you can use 9mm offset (87mm backdepth) then new from Weller they were close to £400 a set when I last looked - great for FF where they take a beating but expensive for a steel road rim. Sets come up on ebay occasionally or from secondhand race part suppliers. There's a pair listed on ebay at the moment with no reserve but the offset needs checking. IIRC the number stamped on the old FF wheels was the number of holes, PCD  and offset so the 4 375 9  or 4 375 34. The number on that pair looks like it ends in 34. 

Hope this helps a bit

Weller still do the classic Triumph rims with the 4 narrow slots around the edge of the centre (if that makes sense!). The guy with a garage next door to mine restoring a GT6 bought some recently, I think he said £120+ a rim! Offset on the Triumph rims was, I think, about 3/4".

Hello

Thanks all for the information and tips. Very interesting to learn the code on the wheels,so it's a 12mm offset on mine, still not standard, but at least my measuring wasn't that far off!

I'll drop Weller an updated spec and see if they can do anything and also see what crops up in the meantime. Otherwise I guess I'll look at the minilight route rather than steels.

Thanks again,

Iain

There are plenty of companies that make steel wheels.... many in the same style as Wellers, search the online companies that offer winter wheel and tyre packages....

You can sort by PCD rim width rim diamater centre bore and offset, spigot rings to correct bore discrepancies are readily available.

I had to do the same for winter steels for SWMBO's ND MX-5

Hi. Just to add, the 'standard' offset I mentioned is not a Weller standard as such, it was just a common way of distinguishing the different offset used on FF1600's. Back in the heyday of FF1600 Weller must have made thousands of FF wheels but they also made a lot of other variants for other cars. It'll be interesting to see what they say. It looks like their range is much more limited now. 

The pair on ebay (#6) are the ones I saw and look like 34mm offset which won't work. 

It also looks like the Weller discount may have been weel received as they're sold out of 3.75 PCD wheels!