Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Entries open for round 7, Barbon Hill Climb

Comp Sec

• 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Rob,

I enjoyed it, and have entered again this year.

However, facilities are VERY basic, and the paddock does not have sealed surfaces (so, I'd imagine, keeping slicks clean could be a nightmare!).

The trailer parking areas can also be very unfriendly. There are many boulders hiding to catch the unaware (as I was last year, ripping a wheel arch liner out of my tow car! :-(  )  I'd recommend a foot reconnaissance before driving a car across any of track area!!

I enjoyed it a lot. 30 seconds of peril, and hope to go again this year. As Richard says, quite basic facilities, but a stunning place to visit in the sunshine.I camped at Harewood on the way back, and watched a morning of BHC there, which was good and split the journey.
I think we are at Barbon with the BHC, and that may be our only event sharing a billing. Good to watch some committed single seaters go up a narrow hill at speed, but of course they do faff about a bit...

• 1 month later...

For info from the Barbon Hillclimb facebook page....

The June Hillclimb is filling up nicely but because Covid-19 regulations will still be in force in June, we may be obliged to reduce the max number of entries accepted in order to achieve adequate social distancing in the paddock. Entries will be accepted in order of date of receipt.

At the moment, it is also looking likely that the June event will be a non-spectator event with the number of people accompanying each competitor restricted too.

The July Barbon Hillclimb has now received 90 entries which means that the event is full. The first 70 entries have been confirmed, subsequent entries will be accepted after 22nd June in the following order:
Entries from British Hillclimb Championship Contenders
Entries from members of Liverpool MC &/or Kirkby Lonsdale MC
Entries from other competitors in order of date of receipt.

We did warn you that the events would be popular!