Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2021 Northampton Motorsport Lotus 7 Club Speed Championship update

Comp Sec

We now have 73 entries which is fantastic...classes 3 and 4 are looking very strong. 

You will have read from MSUK that if all goes to plan Motor sport can start on 29th March which means that we may get a full season. Because of the slightly later than planned start to the calendar we have extended the deadline for entries to this Friday 5th March. Next weekend Alan (Mr CompScorer) will be assigning numbers for the season.   So if you are thinking of competing in the championship this year, enter now via LoveAdmin.

And just a reminder to put 7th November in your diary for the Awards Lunch in the Silverstone Wing. There couldn't be a better venue to celebrate the winners in what is shaping up to be a very competitive season. And it will also be a great social occasion, remember those! Further details will be announced later in the year.

Indeed, it looks the lights will go green for events & sufficient "unlocking" for our first event at Goodwood.

73 entries so far, an increase on 2019, and many new as well as familiar names *thumbs_up_thumb*

Many thanks to Graham for booking Silverstone for our awards! I'm dreaming of picking up my overall championship trophy already *bowtie* 

Regarding dual drives... 
We will will have our normal numbers 5xx for main driver, and 6xx for dual driver. Events tend to run the dual drivers in batches before the main drivers. I need to allocate numbers, and can guess who is "main" and who is "dual" in most cases. However, my employers have trained me not to make any assumptions around age, sex, team strategy, or anything else on such matters.

So, please let me know (blatmail or email compscorer@lotus7.club) if I have these right or wrong:

Main drivers (5xx): Matt B, Shaun E, Paul B, Jeremy W, Mark A, Ian J, Patrick H, Jon D, Rob C, Nick H

Dual drivers (6xx): Chris B, Gill E, Rebecca B, Harry W, Max A, Debbie J, Conrad H, Charlotte J, Laura F, Julia W

Alan alias "comp scorer"

I too am now getting properly excited about the upcoming season, and preparations are well in hand - stickers are ordered, T-shirts and caps are getting sorted, and I've had a sneak preview / proof-read of the 2021 Championship book. What strikes me is the fantastic number of new faces joining us this year. I guess there is a case of "if not now, when?" about it.

Just a note for those who didn't send photos for inclusion - i would urge you to send something to Graham, as I've seen some of the alternatives that might be used, and 'horrifying' doesn't come close.

Paul (alias "compsupport")